Another year just went by. They seem to be speeding up, amiright?
2015. WTAF. Let's recap.
I laughed- but not enough. There were too many times I was too serious and too affected by things I can't control. The world is a rough place for control freaks! truth. I worked hard and sold my face off. The hustle remains my favorite part. Presenting work I believe in is my skydiving. I should probably wear a go pro headband once, because often the reactions to my enthusiasm are hilarious. Vocal had a better year than last year, and I have rad new clients, and the raddest old clients who have stuck around.
I continue to write my book, and in the meantime, am having my first publication release in April- a book called the Hustle Economy of which I am one of 25 contributors. I also hosted a podcast this year. So in case anyone is still wondering if I miss the corporate life... please!!!! the learning and the cool shit you can do when you aren't tied down!! #noregrets
The biggest challenge is keeping the momentum rolling. I'm exhausted, let's get real. My kids don't even nap anymore. I'm never doing less than 3 things at once. So next year? Some focus would be good. Some time face-down in a lounger in palm springs would be good. Probably for all of us. So cheers to the New Year, and let's have it:
The Vocal Top Ten for Year Three. (3!!!!!!?!)
1. laugh (more). I mean come on. Pot is legal here now. No excuses.
2. adjust. a door gets slammed in your face? your office building gets sold? adobe updates design software faster than you can open a goddamn new file? roll with it!! nimble. woo-saw
3. observe. travel and look at color and shape. watch the people. notice the patterns. store it all away so that you never have to wonder. take total advantage of your time.
4. fly closer to the sun. that icarus bullshit was just to get people to stay down and do their jobs.
5. hustle. yeah, i know. it will always be on the list. don't knock it, it's making the world go 'round while you put your makeup on during your commute. get up earlier.
6. motivate. get people excited. make everyone around you want to try new things. make your kids want to do things. wild things.
7. meet new people. the best way to get new work is to meet people. humor, confidence and boldness are all you need. build it and they will come.
8. put your oxygen mask on first. take care of your entire family and business? take care of yourself first. don't forget that. #girlsweekend
9. break glass. there's a lot left to be broken.
10. be wild. remember when you were 9 and the sun was out and the best thing in the world was literally just running around? do that. go outside. before virtual reality turns us into a scene from wall-e.
To 2016!!! Drink too much, dance like an asshole, and then start fresh with 365 days to do something amazing. xo